15 Fun Things to do in Santa Barbara
Find out more about author Ian Filippini on Google+
Santa Barbara, California is home to around 88,000 people. It is an affluent town with a variety of celebrity names with zip codes in the city. With so much to offer, there is no wonder that so many people flock to the city day after day and month after month. Whether you are a resident of the city or a visitor, there are an assortment of fun activities that you can participate in no matter what your interests. We are sharing with you 15 of the best things that you can do in the city.
- Visit the Zoo: The Santa Barbara Zoo is fun for children and adults alike. There are more than 1,000 animals living in this habitat for viewing at the zoo, as well as many fun activities and exhibits related to the animals of the zoo.
- Visit State Street: State Street is located in the heart of downtown. It is the street where it all takes place, whether you’re looking to shop, dine or visit a museum. A visit to State Street is certainly a beneficial way to fill the agenda with lots of fun things to fill your time.
- The Granada Theater: Since 1924 the Granada Theater has been presenting theatrical performances. All these years later, the fun is still in great abundance, and catching fine arts at its best is something that you can do any day of the week.
- County Courthouse: The County Courthouse is a must visit site. It is of historical value as it has been a landmark in the city since 1929. There is a great botanical garden filled with colorful flowers and lush green plants, as well as fantastic architecture to enjoy.
- Visit the Beach: Whether you are a resident or visiting for a spell, the gorgeous beaches of the city are a must visit. There are endless miles of beaches in the city. You can swim, scuba dive, snorkel, or simply enjoy taking in some of the sun. with the pristine weather, enjoying a day on the beach is always something that you can enjoy.
- Golf: There are several golf courses in Santa Barbara, making it easy for all levels of players to enjoy a day on the greens.
- Stearns Wharf: This is the top tourist spot in the city, and a place that you need to be when it is fun that you want in your life. Enjoy fishing, the sea center, dining, shopping and much more.
- Visit the Filippini Wealth Management Group Inc.: President Ian Filippini is a resident of the city, as well as a man who cares about your financial needs. The Filippini Wealth Management Group Inc. is a wealth management agency. The company offers a variety of services to help you plan and prepare your finances for success. Ian Filippini goes above and beyond to make his clients feel warm and welcomed, as well as confident in the services that they receive from Filippini Wealth Management Group Inc.
- Climb Santa Ynez Mountains: Not only is the city surrounded by gorgeous beaches, there is also the Santa Ynez Mountains opposite the beach. If you are a true outdoorsman, a climb up these mountains could be just what you need for your adventurous side.
- Go Camping: Another activity that might take you near the Santa Ynez Mountains, camping is fun for the family!
- Visit the Spa: A mani-pedi is a great way to pamper yourself while also enjoying the great scenery of the city. Several spas are located in the area, so take your pick and enjoy the pampering for a change.
- Visit the Farmers Market: There is no better place to get your fresh fruits and veggies than at the Farmers market, so make sure this is a stop you have planned.
- Go to the Park: There are more than 21 parks available in the city, so plan a picnic, a day out with Fido or a game of volleyball and head on out.
- Nederland Ranch: The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, is no longer with us, but his Neverland Ranch is still in full status in the Santa Barbara area.
- Take a Day Trip: Los Angeles is less than 100 miles away from the town, and there’s always something fun and interesting going on in LA! For a bit longer trip, San Francisco is less than 300 miles away.